Thursday, October 11, 2012

because it is about time don't you think?


did you know that i am just a few days shy of my 20 week mark? or 5 months. whatever one you prefer.

that means i am pretty much halft way through this whole pregnancy thing, and i am not complaining at all, honestly i think i have had close to the easiest pregnancy on record here.

i constantly have people telling me how lucky that i am, and trust me i really, really, really do know that i am.

while discussing the current rate that time has just flown by with a friend the other day, she brought it to my attention that for how far along i am, i really haven't said much about my pregnancy.

so i looked back through my posts to see just how long it had been since i last made any mention of this little human growing inside of me, and you know what i found out? it has been 2 whole months since i last made any sort of comment regarding it whatsoever! i think i just had my first "i am a terrible mother" moment. i mean how did i go that long and not even make one little squeak about my baby? and so first i would like to apologize to he/she (who really doesn't care at all) about letting that happen, and then second to anyone who has been wondering at all about what has been going on with me up until this point (which may not be many people at all either, but who cares).

the thing now is that i am having a hard time trying to remember everything that has happened in the past few months... this is why it is important to keep up to date!

so far my due date has been set, changed, and then changed back, it may even change again. i am starting to wonder why they give you a specific day, i mean how many babies are actually born on that day?

at the 12 week mark i went for my nuchal ultrasound, i don't know how long these appointments normally take, but after hearing the tech make comments like "this is the squirmiest little baby i have ever seen!", and having to lay on my stomach multiple times to get it to flip back around,  i'm going to assume that mine took a bit longer then normal.

blood work, oh blood work. i am not one to shy away from needles, but holy crap enough already. and to top it all off, i recently found out that i am a b- blood type, so what does that mean? more needles! one at 28 weeks, and another after i give birth, to prevent my blood from creating antibodies against my babies blood if it is rh+, which is definitely a possibility because dennis is a+, and so that could make any future pregnancies after this one very difficult/dangerous.

it is a really good thing that we go for another ultrasound on monday, where we hopefully will be able to find out the gender, because i am going crazy over here not knowing.

only recently has there been any sort of outward physical manifestation of what has been going on inside of me for the past few months. and when i say recently, i really mean very recent.

this was last friday afternoon...


and this is monday morning...


crazy right? 

ya

with this recent development i decided it was about time that got a few items that will accommodate my changing figure. so after scouring kijiji for a few days i was able to score 7 pairs of mat. pants for 120 buckaroos. yep, that's right. score!

let's just hope that it doesn't take me another 2 months to get my butt back on here and post another update. 


No comments:

Post a Comment